Projects activities of SL SUSU
Scientific Library SUSU pays great attention to the prospects of its development, through all possibilities to achieve the purposes. One of the most effective tools in this process is the project activities, aimed to obtain the additional funds for innovation. From this perspective, grant activities are considered by the library as an effective source of financing for library development.
Library is actively engaged the development of grant projects since 1996. During this period had been prepared 32 projects, 16 of them received financial support totaling to $ 567 500.
Funds received of the project activities were directed:
- to development of its library and information resources: creation of the Digital library with full-text documents, updating the library fund of the most valuable and expensive editions; acquisition of the publications on CD / DVD, videotapes, etc.
- to organize and provide new services, based on modern information and communication technologies for users: organization of the Electronic document delivery service, international ILL;
- to creation of the corporate library and information products, services and technologies: creation of the Open corporate library system of the region, Central catalog of the region libraries;
- to modernization of computer and network equipment;
- to improve users' access to library resources through the Internet, etc.
Among the funds, that had provided support for the library, projects were:
- program TEMPUS/TACIS, the European Union;
- National Training Foundation (NTF) and the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development;
- Russia Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR);
- International Library Association (ILA);
- Library Endowment Fund;
- Open Society Institute (Soros Foundation, Russia);
- Fund Margaret Thatcher;
- Fund of State Institute of Information Technologies and Telecommunications (SIITT) "Informica", etc.
The joint project radically changed the technological level of the Scientific Library processes with effective access to information technologies, advanced software and hardware.
The most significant projects of the library are: